Tuesday 1 December 2015

Technical Evaluation

I found that from technical lessons in this unit my skills have advanced, not a lot of makeup artists have the opportunity to be taught about prosthetics and therefore found it really beneficial. When I started the term I was completely new to special effects makeup and went in only knowing a few things from lessons in first year. During our technical lessons I made sure that I wrote down everything that was said and payed key attention otherwise I would have really struggled. I had no idea the process that went into making silicone moulds, and am really glad that I have learnt this skill; for example learning about measuring about Silicone A&B and making sure the measurements were right to make the mould. Also during the lessons learning about cross contamination, that when handling the silicones having to be really careful; changing gloves, labelling sticks and wearing a mask when using Petrolease and fixing spray. I found learning about cross contamination really worthwhile because even I don’t want to go into the prosthetics industry I can use this for anything in makeup as it is such an important part. The technical side to special effects plays such a big part, I took so much time to design my mould to then create them not knowing whether it would turn out right. Taking my time, not rushing anything helped. If I made a mistake I wouldn’t be too far ahead and could just figure out how to correct it. I struggled mostly with blending away edges of the flat piece with alcohol, it took a long time to make sure it blended into the skin and I felt that with both of my assessments I should have taken more time to make sure it looked as seamless as possible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment