Tuesday 1 December 2015

Brave New World Evaluation

Overall I found the Brave New World unit interesting and challenging, I learnt some really useful new skills that I will be able to take with me for when I enter the industry. Although I enjoyed having the opportunity to learnt how to apply prosthetic makeup I have learnt that I don’t want to go into the prosthetic industry, which has been beneficial to learn early on. I really enjoyed learning about the background of special effects makeup and the different ways they used as many different materials as possible to achieve looks they wanted without using silicone. I found it quite challenging remembering the different measurements for the silicone moulds and having to make sure they were all correct, I aimed to solve these problems by writing down the measurements on my phone so every time I had to measure out the silicone I was using the right amount. I liked that the unit was split into 2, the first part creating our wounds I enjoyed learning about how different guns and where they are shot from can impact the skin in different ways. For the second part; I found creating our hybrids more exciting, although challenging to create I really enjoyed seeing my design go from paper to creating my character in class.  I am really glad that I had the opportunity to try out special effects, and even though I will not be pursuing a career in the industry I still felt it was really beneficial. 

No comments:

Post a Comment