Monday 9 November 2015

Research on lizards

I also looked at different types of lizards for inspiration for my design, in particular I found flap necked chameleon and knight anole lizards really interesting. I wanted to go for a green look and both these lizards have bright green scales just like I would like my design to have. The Flap Necked Chameleon is native to Sub-Saharan regions south of the Sahara Desert in Africa. They are normally yellow or green. An interesting fact I found about Chameleons while doing some research is that Chameleons’ pointed eyes have fused eyelids, leaving just a pinhole to see. When first thinking about my design I thought I was going to get some contact lenses to add to the affect but after looking at and researching chameleons I felt that they had quite human like eyes as they were round so decided to not use the contacts.
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=flap+necked+chameleon&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjN_5XXw6fJAhVCvhQKHZ0ICPMQ_AUIBygB&biw=1517&bih=692&dpr=0.9#imgrc=_ 


The knight anole lizard is native to Cuba but are now also found in southern Florida. Anolis equestris is a lizard (reptile) member of the Polychrotidae family. They're also known as Cuban Knight Anoles. The body is covered with small granular scales with a yellow or white stripe under the eye and over the shoulder. They are bright green in color, which can change to a dull grayish-brown.


http://www.lizardtypes.com/knight-anole/#Vh2YOPjIClHFBGsW.99



                                                                 


https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=knight+anole+lizard&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiGgI3cxafJAhUDvBoKHZT2BD8Q_AUIBygB&biw=1517&bih=692&dpr=0.9#imgrc=cPZa6CTDGisV9M%3A





No comments:

Post a Comment