Sunday 29 November 2015

Assessment Evaluation

I found my assessment very challenging. With my design having scales it was very thin and could easily break. Although I found the application of the pieces difficult I really enjoyed painting the skin, for my design I had a yellow base and then around the edges blended green into it. I also plaited the hair in two for a scaly kind of look and blended the colours into the hair. I found the application hard because I feel that I hadn’t had a lot of practise at using the silicone mould, I could have improved this by practising more with the silicone to ensure I was happy with my final outcome. The main problem I faced was making sure the silicone was blended into the skin and appeared seamless. I overcame this in the end by using wax and blending that into the silicone and skin. These new skills that I have learnt will help me for the future and I am really glad that I completed my look to the best of my ability. I really enjoyed learning about how to make the moulds and the whole process that is involved, when I first started the term I had no idea the process would be so intricate and detailed and therefore have learnt some really good new skills. 

No comments:

Post a Comment