Wednesday 21 October 2015

Bullet wound evaluation

Overall for this part of the project I was fairly happy with the outcome of my prosthetic mould. When I started SFX at the beginning of the term I had little knowledge on how prosthetic moulds were made and now I feel like I have gained enough knowledge to be able to go forward in this project and move onto my hybrid design. I found it really interesting learning all the details that go into make the moulds, like making sure I used the correct measurements for the silicone. What I found difficult in particular was when I had applied the mould when I was blending away the edges so I appeared smooth on the skin, from this I learnt that I had to just take my time and it will eventually all blend in. The part I enjoyed the most was after I applied the wound and when I was adding the wound filler and blood. If I was to do it again I would probably change my initial clay mould idea, making sure that it was deep enough for the silicone and to look like a deep flesh wound.  

No comments:

Post a Comment